Deadline: June 1, 2013
Rules and Conditions
- The prize shall be used to assist with the translation, editing and/or publication of a book or group of articles in any of the sub-fields of Translation Studies.
- The prize may be paid to a translator, group of translators, or academic publisher or journal.
- The translation may be from any language and into any language.
- The translation shall not have been published prior to the awarding of the prize (six weeks after the application deadline), since the purpose of the prize is to promote translations that would otherwise not lead to publication.
- The translation shall be published within two years of the awarding of the grant.
- All publications and promotional materials associated with the translation shall bear the mention “With the support of the European Society for Translation Studies”.
- Applications will be evaluated on the basis of: a) potential impact of the project on international Translation Studies, b) feasibility of the project, c) pertinent experience of the translator or translators.