In partnership with JTG, the American Foundation for Translation and Interpretation is offering a partial scholarship of $2,500 for the 2012-2013 academic year for students enrolled or planning to enroll in a degree program in scientific and technical translation or in interpreter training.The application deadline is 8 June 2012. More information on the scholarship can be found at the AFTI's website. Details of other awards offered by the AFTI can also be found here.
- Applicants must be graduate or undergraduate students enrolled or planning to enroll in a program leading to a degree in scientific and technical translation or in interpretation at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Applicants must be full-time students who have completed at least one year of college or university studies.
- Generally, an applicant should present a minimum GPA of 3.00 overall and a 3.50 in translation- and interpretation-related courses.
- Applicants should have at least one year of study remaining in their program; however, in certain circumstances, one residual semester may be accepted.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Sunday, 22 April 2012
American Foundation for Translation and Interpretation Scholarship, 2012-2013
Readers in the US may be interested to know of this funding opportunity: