The next in our series of professional training workshops takes place on 27 January. Raisa McNab of STP Nordic will be running the workshop. The workshop is addressed primarily to professional translators, both newly-qualified translators finding their feet, and more established professional translators who would like to enhance their awareness of and skills in project management and quality. See below for further details and a registration link.
Enhancing your project management and quality assurance skills
Friday, 27 January 2012
Park Building, University of Portsmouth
10 a.m-12 noon
- Project management for freelance translators: learning from a translation company context
- Managing projects efficiently
- Project management aids and tools
- Opportunities in the translation industry
12 noon-1.30 Lunch and networking
- What is "good quality"? Quality assurance metrics, standards and considerations
- Quality assurance tools
- Hands-on exercise using a QA tool: Apsic Xbench. (Participants may use the on-site machines or bring their own laptops.)
Raisa McNab is the Production & Quality Manager at STP Nordic, a translation company specialising in the Nordic languages. She holds an MA in Translation from her native Finland and brings to the workshop eight years of experience in project management and quality assurance along with her experiences of the challenges translators face in their daily working lives.
Fee: £50 (£45 for ITI and CIoL members and postgraduate students)
To register, please click here. Enquiries should be addressed to translation at port.ac.uk.