I have recently learned of the following opportunity which may be of interest to those of you who work from German into English and are available to move to Germany. As always, please note the requirements carefully.
My name is Lucian Dumitrescu and I am a managing partner with altalingua. Our company is specialized in automotive translations working for customers like VW and Audi.
We have now a request for de > en on site translators in Wolfsburg, Germany [...]
Here are more details:
- contract to be signed for 01.09.2009 – 31.12.2010, with the possibility of it being renewed
- translator to work at the VW premises, with desk & PC to be provided by the customer
- working hours are flexible; basis is a 40h / week, with potential 9h-10h days when specific jobs require it; a 180h / month will be our contractual basis
- texts to be translated are diverse: from owner's documentation to service literature and marketing presentations
- extensive de > en glossary and TMs will support the translation process, plus in-house customer support for queries
- our suggested payment is 4.000 Euros / month with potential overtime (weekends & co.) to be calculated separately
- translator to provide monthly invoices to altalingua
- university degree in translations or another university degree and at least 2 years hands-on experience in translations
- very good command of German and native proficiency in English (the exact words from VW: Englisch Muttersprache als Kultursprache)
- experience in working with CAT tools (Trados)
If you would be interested in this job, the steps we have been informed about are:
- sample translation
- interviews and a final test in Wolfsburg with the prospective candidates.
Just let me know if this position suits your interests.
I look forward to receiving your answer.
Eastern European Solutions
tel: +40 21 326.80.83
fax: +40 21 326.80.82
mobile: +40 742 154.254