You may or may not be aware of the University of Portsmouth's recruitment and careers services, which are located at Purple Door on Guildhall Walk. They currently have a number of translation vacancies on their books. To express interest, please register with email@example.com. The service is limited to Portsmouth graduates and future graduates only.
- Danish, English, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish Translators
A degree or postgraduate degree in Languages or Translation Studies is required, but all levels of experience will be considered.
Applicants must be native speakers of the language they translate into. Fluency in English is essential for Nordic nationals and a high level of IT skills and knowledge of CAT tools, particularly Trados, is an advantage.
We would also love to hear from well-organised professionals interested in project management positions.
Excellent IT skills and fluency in English are required. Applicants should ideally be linguists, and preferably with a degree in languages and/or translation studies involving at least one Scandinavian language.
- Scientific and Technical Translators
Technical Translation specialist company requires scientists and engineers with language skills for the following positions:
- Scientific and Engineering Translators: applicants must be additionally be completely conversant with German and/or French
- Patent and Technical Information Searchers: Applicants must have a good reading knowledge of German and French
- Translation opportunities
Opportunities for linguists with:
- English mother tongue and excellent German, preferably combined with another language, ideally Chinese, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish or Swedish, or
- German mother tongue and excellent English wihich must be combined with French, or
- French mother tongue and excellent English which must be combined with German
Your work will involve word-by-word checking of translations prepared by in-house and external technical staff.
Person Requirements: Applicants must have degree-level qualifications, excellent language skills, well-developed critical faculties and good powers of concentration.
Degree Requirements: At least a IIi in Modern Languages.